- The Nintendo VS Atari case continues in a U.S. District courtroom in San Francisco, California. Judge Fern Smith makes a ruling that Atari Games did indeed infringe on a copyright and patent held by Nintendo for Atari's copying and using software codes that were used in Nintendo Entertainment System cartridges. Subsequently Atari announces that they will appeal the decision.
- Sony establishes the Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA) division. It was created to market the PlayStation console in Western markets.
- Day 2 of the 7th annual Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is held.
- Nickelodeon airs an episode of The Fairly Oddparents TV show in the U.S. During this episode a character is seen playing with a home video game system.
- MVP Baseball is released by EA Canada & Electronic Arts for the PlayStation Portable in the U.S.
- Day 2 of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) takes place in Los Angeles, California.
- Disney & Nintendo install ten wireless hot spots at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, on the Pirates of the Caribbean attractions. Players who have a Nintendo DS and the Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End DS game can receive exclusive downloadable content at these hot spots.
- Punch-Out!! is released by Next Level Games & Nintendo for the Wii in North America. The game is a mix of partial remakes of the NES and SNES games and partially a new game. It adds in new characters, new control methods, and new gameplay modes.
- Red Dead Redemption is released by Rockstar San Diego & Rockstar Games for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in North America.
- Alan Wake is released by Remedy Entertainment & Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox 360 in North America.
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is released by Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Quebec, Ubisoft Singapore, Ubisoft Casablanca, & Ubisoft for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Nintendo DS, & PlayStation Portable in North America.
- Rocket Knight is released by Climax Studios & Konami for the PlayStation 3 in North America.
- Split/Second is released by Black Rock Studio & Disney Interactive Studios for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, Java ME, & the OnLive cloud gaming service in North America.
- Trauma Team is released by Atlus for the Wii in North America.
- Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow is released by Mistwalker, tri-Crescendo, Namco Bandai Games, & D3 Publisher for the Nintendo DS in North America.
- Max Payne 3 is released by Rockstar Vancouver and Rockstar Games for the PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360 in Europe & Australia.
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is released by Slant Six Games & Capcom for Microsoft Windows in North America & Europe.
Source: Chronology of Video Games & Wikipedia
Rate this story: