Microsoft today announced a variety of details about their new entry in the tablet market, the Microsoft Surface. The tablet is now available for pre-order at the official site, Surface.com and it is priced at $499 for a 32 GB version and $699 for a 64 GB version. There’s no 3G or 4G antenna in either model, both are Wi-Fi only.
- 10.6″ Screen
- ~1.5 GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 802.11n Mimo Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 2 Microphones
- Stereo Speakers
- HD-Out Port
- Full-Size USB 2.0 Port
- Micro SD card Slot
- 2 720p Cameras
- Weighs 1.5 lbs
The Surface also comes with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 RT Preview Edition, a tablet friendly version of Office. It’s scheduled for release on 10/26/12.
More details about the Microsoft Surface Tablet are available in the CNN article, linked below.
CNN, General Podcast News, Microsoft, Microsoft Surface, Microsoft Windows, Mobile, Mobile Games, Mobile Gaming, Surface, Tablets, Windows, Windows 8, Windows RT,
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo is dropping the Wii console to a suggested retail price of $129.99 U.S. in advance of the busy holiday shopping season. The new configuration is beginning to arrive in stores now, and will be broadly available in the U.S. by Oct. 28. This high-value configuration includes a black Wii console and both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort on a single game disc, as well as a Wii Remote Plus and a Nunchuk controller – both black to match the console. This configuration replaces the current black Wii that comes with New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
“Nearly six years after it launched, people are still attracted to the pure, inclusive fun of the Wii console,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “A new suggested retail price and the inclusion of two great games make it an easy choice for families looking for a great value this holiday season.”
Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort represent two iconic games that helped pioneer the industry move toward motion-controlled video games. The games include a wide variety of sports that use the controllers in unique ways. Players can try their hand at sports like bowling, tennis, baseball, archery, table tennis and basketball, all while simulating real-life motions using the Wii Remote Plus controller. For the first time, both games are included on a single game disc.
Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit
Box Art, GoNintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo Wii, Press Releases, Price Drops, Prices, Wii, Wii Podcast News,
GoNintendo has posted a rumor that Satoru Iwata, Nintendo’s President has major changes planned for their development teams. Here’s a breakdown of the supposed planned changes:
- By December 2012, Iwata hopes to put in place a restructure of R&D
- This revolves around the new Kyoto R&D building
- Building should house over 1200 developers
- Nintendo has continued to expand R&D operations in its Tokyo sector
- Several veteran developers from Square, SEGA, Koei, Epoch, and Konami can easily transition to join the EAD Tokyo development section
- Shigeru Miyamoto is expected to leave the EAD Division most likely by December 2012
- Miyamoto has vocalized his intent of stepping aside as General Manager of EAD
- He may create a third development sector where he would work with younger developers
- Miyamoto would focus on smaller resources, and work faster to develop games
2013 Expected Iwata Changes
- Major shift in Kyoto development sources involving 3 R&D buildings
- Shigeru Miyamoto stepping down as EAD General Manager
- Takashi Tezuka becoming new EAD General Manager
- New Groups / New Producers announced for EAD Kyoto / SPD Kyoto
- EAD Tokyo Expansion / Masahiro Sakurai Possibly Joining EAD Tokyo
- New Division lead by Miyamoto with younger staff focused on smaller scale games
- Miyamoto’s Departure Inspiring New IPs for the EAD Kyoto Division
18th Gate (Circle Entertainment) – 500 Points (DSi) or £4.50 / €5.00 (Nintendo eShop) – In the realm of oblivion, an abandoned palace hides many valuable treasures. But those who enter this place have no real hope of ever escaping…Play as three different heroes simultaneously and journey through 18 different dungeon areas, facing various challenges: random monsters, traps, limited turns, hidden paths and much more.
- Adventure through a dungeon with 18 different areas.
- Discover random enemies, traps and bonus items.
- Play with three heroes at the same time, each with different abilities and skills.
- Category: Puzzle, Adventure, Strategy
- Players: 1
- Age rating: 7
- Publisher: CIRCLE Entertainment
- Release date: 18/10/2012
- Nintendo DSi Points: 500
- Nintendo eShop: £4.50 / €5.00
- Game language: English
3DS Virtual Console
Mega Man (Capcom) – £4.49 / €4.99 (Nintendo eShop; Originally Released On NES) – Mega Man’s original adventure blasts onto Nintendo eShop! The series is famous for its challenging mix of platforming and shoot ’em up action, and here you can see how it all began. As a super-robot created by the genius Dr. Light, it’s up to Mega Man to traverse ten unique stages and beat the devious Robot Masters designed by the evil Dr. Wily. Beating each stage’s boss allows Mega Man to use its trademark weapon, giving you an advantage in other stages – a technique still used in the series today.
- Category: Platformer, Action
- Players: 1
- Age rating: 7
- Publisher: CAPCOM
- Release date: 18/10/2012
- Nintendo eShop:
Wii Virtual Console
World Heroes Perfect (D4Enterprise) – 900 Wii Points (Wii; Originally Released On Neo Geo) – This is the fourth installment in the World Heroes fighting game series, originally released in 1995. In this game, 16 figures from across history fight for the title of ‘World’s Strongest’. In previous installments, the amount of time you held a button down determined the strength or weakness of an attack; however, that system has been removed in this game. In addition to the more traditional fighting game approach of allowing weak, middle and strong attacks using different buttons, this game includes the all-new elements such as the Hero Gauge, Extra Attacks and Guard Breaker Attacks, adding an exciting new layer of strategy to the gameplay experience.
- Category: Action, Fighting
- Players: 1-2
- Age rating: 16
- Publisher: D4Enterprise
- Release Date: 18/10/2012
- Wii Points: 900
Potzol’s Puzzle – On Sale
Return to Greenvale This Winter with Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut
New Content From Game Director Coming Exclusively To PlayStation 3 system
Acclaimed publisher Rising Star Games Inc today announced that the cult phenomenon hit, Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut, will be released in the US and Europe Q1 2013 exclusively for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. High-definition graphics, fresh content and updated controls provide a whole new, outrageous gameplay experience for diehard fans and newcomers alike.
Playing as special agent Francis York Morgan, players must investigate the brutal murder of a young local beauty. Amidst the backdrop of soaring mountains and a small American town, York must solve the mystery of the Red Seed Murders and stay alive in a place where supernatural creatures and a killer seek to end his investigation.
The award-winning suspense-horror, action-adventure game gives players an open-world experience featuring detailed interactions with Greenvale locals, as well as numerous side quests and mini games to help solve the murders and uncover hidden town secrets.
“Love it or hate it, Deadly Premonition has been a phenomenon; ‘cult’ does not begin to do its success justice,” said Martin Defries, President of Rising Star Games. “With the enhancements Swery and his team are making to this new PS3™ version, I am delighted to confirm Rising Star Games’ involvement with this fantastic game that should engage fans new and old alike.”
“I’m very happy Rising Star Games gave me the chance to work on Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut,” said Hidetaka ‘Swery’ Suehiro, Director of Deadly Premonition. “It’s been a while since Deadly Premonition was released, but I’m still receiving so many messages of support from fans around the world. I’m writing some exciting new scenarios and adding some new features. All will be revealed over the coming months and I’m confident I can deliver an unforgettable experience for you all.”
Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut includes the following new features:
● New scenario from the game’s director, Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro
● HD graphics
● Reworked control system allowing for an even better combat experience
● Downloadable content to expand the mystery beyond the original game
“SEGA of America and SEGA Europe today announced that the PlayStation Vita system release date for Jet Set Radio has unfortunately been delayed due to necessary development optimizations. A final release date will be announced soon.”
GoNintendo has posted a translation of a message on the Animal Crossing Twitter account, as seen below:
“Good afternoon everyone! I came across a way to search for fossils this morning! You can have the fossils you find analyzed at the museum. You can then donate them, sell them at the store or to others, to mention a few things you can do but recently collecting dinosaur fossils and turning them into miniatures is popular!
E… Everyone! Here’s some new! An emerald was just dug up in town!! There’s even indisputable photographic evidence! It seems like there are minerals in addition to fossils sleeping under our feet… There’re all kinds of secrets in town!”
- Taking pictures of any round object will let you enter the Magnagate portal
- Each dungeon is different when you enter
- You can encounter Lugia or Houhou in these dungeons
- Pokemon Paradise involves cultivating the ravaged land and building various facilities
- The town can be developed in anyway you’d like
- Materials are necessary in order to cultivate the land
- Complete tasks in dungeons to get these materials
- Facilities can also rank up
- Facilities include Nuo’s Management (Pokemon management, pick your Pokemon partner from here), Zuruggu’s Wazaggu (learn or forget Pokemon skills here), Mariruri’s Job Bulletin Board (accept jobs here, such as warranties on Pokemon or saving Pokemon), and V Roulette
- V Roulette lets you change the daily V Wave
- V Wave is a mysterious wind that blows in the Pokemon world
- Different types of V Waves
- Advantageous to adventure with the same type of Pokemon as the day’s V Wave
- Pokemon partners have “heart waves” that you’ll acquire as you progress in a dungeon
- Heart waves let you do special attacks with everyone
- Attacking with everyone damages all surrounding enemy Pokemon and also recovers HP corresponding to the protagonist Pokemon’s type
- Collect heart waves again when you use this move to use it again
- Skills can also rank up if you use them often
- This will increase a skill’s power, accuracy, or PP
- Example: ranking up Lightning II to Lightning III
- Once a skill has been ranked up, your other Pokemon can use that skill with the same ranked up effect
- Team skills can also be found in dungeons
- Some of these include making it more difficult to step on traps, or showing the amount of items contained in a dungeon,