Sega announced new details about Sonic Lost World recently. Here’s some highlights from the press release:
- 6 main enemies
- Will have multiplayer as well as single player
- Both systems will have unique features
- Wii U gets Color Powers which are controlled with the GamePad
- Will also have Off-TV Play and a “two player support mode”
- 3DS version will be in 3D and have special stages and different color powers
- Sonic can vault over obstacles in his path, run up walls, and sky dive
- Some color powers – flying through the air, tearing up levels, and exploding into enemies
For more details, click the jump for the full press release.
“Rise Against The Deadly Six in Sonic Lost World
Following on from last week’s Nintendo Direct video announcement in which details of a worldwide partnership between Sega & Nintendo were announced, Nintendo today reveals additional details of the second title to be published exclusively on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS as part of the three title deal. Sonic Lost World sees Sonic face his most powerful enemy to date – and this time there are six of them. Sonic Lost World will be available exclusively for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS later this year.
Alongside a single player adventure, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Sonic Lost World will feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes. In addition each platform will also contain unique features that take advantage of the consoles capabilities. Exclusive Wii U Colour Powers can be controlled with the Wii U GamePad by tilting, touching, aiming and more. The full game can also be played using only the Wii U GamePad screen and will feature a two player support mode. Sonic Lost World for the Nintendo 3DS is the first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realised 3D levels which include exclusive Special Stages and Colour Powers unique to the Nintendo 3DS system.
Sonic the Hedgehog first appeared as a videogame character in June 1991 and instantly became an icon for a generation of gamers. Defined by his super-fast speed and cool attitude, in the years since he first raced on to videogame consoles. Sonic Lost World will be distributed by Nintendo of Europe throughout Europe and Australia when it launches later this year.
In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic’s amazing new moves and incredible Color Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.
New Moves – Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!
Color Powers – New and improved Color Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies. He’s more powerful than ever!
New world – Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside and upside down.
Boss Battles – Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic’s moves and power-ups.
Multiplayer – Race friends in high speed multiplayer races. Take them down across a range of ultra-competitive levels and modes – it’s the ultimate supersonic showdown!
Wii U Exclusive Features
• Wield the Wii U GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
• Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the Wii U GamePad screen.
• Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.
• Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
• Race against a friend as you play on the Wii U GamePad screen and they play on the TV.
Nintendo 3DS Exclusive Features
• The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels.
• Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version.
• Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.
• Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.
• Race against friends through local and online game modes.
• Share your gadgets between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.”