- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is released by Paramount Pictures to theaters in the U.S. During the film, one scene takes place at an arcade. The arcade game Karate Champ is shown. Sound effects of Pac-Man dying are heard as well.
- Nintendo’s request for a temporary restraining order against Lewis Galoob Toys is denied by a U.S. District Court judge in San Francisco, CA. The order was Nintendo attempting to restrict Galoob from selling the Game Genie device.
- Descent 3 is released by Outrage Entertainment & Interplay Productions for the PC in North America.
- The Legend of Dragoon is released by SCEI & Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation in North America.
- The Game Boy Advance, Nintendo’s handheld entry for the sixth generation of video games is released in North America. This is the 5th member of the Game Boy line (the 3rd main release). The GBA features a 32-bit ARM RISC processor and a 2.9-inch reflective TFT 240 x 160 pixel, 32,768-color display. The handheld system measures 3.25 x 5.6 inches. It is powered via two AA batteries, which last about 15 hours.
- Namco Museum is released by Mass Media & Namco for the Game Boy Advance in North America.
- Super Mario Advance is released by Nintendo for the Game Boy Advance in North America.
- Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is released by Konami Computer Entertainment Kobe & Konami for the Game Boy Advance in North America.
- Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure is released by Pipe Dream Interactive & Majesco for the Game Boy Advance in North America.
- Rayman Advance is released by Digital Eclipse & Ubisoft for the Game Boy Advance in North America.
- F-Zero: Maximum Velocity is released by Nintendo R&D1, Nd Cube, & Nintendo for the Game Boy Advance in North America.
- Thief: Deadly Shadows is released by Ion Storm Inc. & Eidos Interactive for the PC, Xbox, & Java ME in Europe.
- The Nintendo DS Lite is released by Nintendo in North America. The system is initially released only in Polar White at a MSRP of $129.99. It is a redesigned model of the original Nintendo DS with a smaller form factor and brighter screen.
- Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree is released by Nintendo EAD Group No. 4 & Nintendo for the Wii in North America.
- Scarface: The World Is Yours is released by Radical Entertainment, Vivendi Universal Games, & THX for the Wii in Australia.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 is released by Nintendo EAD Tokyo & Nintendo for the Wii in Europe.
- Green Day: Rock Band is released by Harmonix, Demiurge Studios, & MTV Games for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, & Wii in PAL territories.
- Mega Man Zero Collection is released by Capcom for the DS in Europe.
- Day 1 of the 2013 edition of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.
- Nintendo announces & shows footage of several new Wii U games during their Nintendo Direct event. New games shown/announced include: Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, a new Art Academy game, and Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U. They also showed more of X, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Pokémon X & Y (3DS), Wii Party U, and more.
- Day 2 of the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is scheduled to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.